The department of Chemistry came into existence with the introduction of B. Sc (Chemistry) programme on 7th, August, 1968. A restructured semester programme, B. Sc (Environment and water Management) was started in 2001. Most of the students passing out of the department opt for higher studies and it has a large number of highly placed alumni. The department has several well equipped labs. The Environment and water Management lab has got approved by C-grade by the Kerala State Pollution Control Board and is capable for providing various consultancy services such as water testing, guidance for student/teacher projects, Environment auditing-ISO 14001-14004, Environmental impact analysis etc. The department offers two UG courses, B. Sc (Chemistry), B. Sc (Environmental science and Environment & Water Management), one UGC-aided add-on course on “Disaster Management” and two career-oriented certification courses on “Soil and Water Analysis”.
Asso. Professor & HOD
|Mrs. R. L. Renjini
|Dr. S. Santhi
|MSc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||0479-2323000
|Mrs. S. Mahadevi
|MSc., M.Phil, BEd.||0478-2552990
|Mr. Babu K Panicker
|MSc., M.Phil.||0484 2319633
|Dr. Sandhya K. P.
|MSc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Praveen A. K.
|Dr. Praveen N. K.
- Make courses more value-added by incorporating advanced theory/practical module and imparting it to advanced learners.
- Provide opportunities for meritorious students to have lab training at a higher level in analytical works at reputed labs.
- Remedial programmes including peer teaching to slow learners.
- Provide communication skill and computer training to students.
- Give discipline-related career guidance for final year students.
- Organize community services like Environmental awareness, Environmental auditing, Panchayat level people participation, Micro-level planning and recycling technology.
- Provide orientation courses and practical training in the use of recyclable materials in place of plastic carry bags.
- Provide motivation and training in the Environmental impact assessment and Water management techniques.
- Provide consultancy services like Environmental auditing, Environment impact assessment and Project guidance.