The Department of Zoology came into existence in the year 1981 under the Headship of Professor Sasikumar offering Zoology at the complementary level through theory lectures and lab practicals. The Department became full-fledged with the introduction of B.Sc. Zoology Undergraduate Course from 2014 onwards. The Department offers training in Vermiculture and Apiculture to promote self-employment and self- reliance among the educated youth.
|Dr. Lekshmi G. Nair
Asst. Professor & HOD
|M.Sc., NET, ICMR-JRFfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beena N V
|Sunitha V S
|M.Sc., B.Ed., SETemail@example.com|
- To instill students about the concept and elements of Mother Nature and to propagate the message “Mother Nature is for all and We are for Mother Nature”.
- Conduct Knowledge dissemination programmes for the benefit of mankind.
- Provide hands-on-training programmes and conduct study tours to generate deeper interest in the subject and to develop scientific outlook among students .
- Conduct remedial coaching for the upliftment of slow learners.
- Conduct value- based education programmes to mould the students into citizens of better culture and character.
- Spacious Zoology Dissection Lab.
Zoological Museum exhibiting Rare Specimens.