Department of Physics,
NSS College, Cherthala (Affiliated to University of Kerala)
Alappuzha – 688 541,Kerala, India
Ph.D – Nonlinear Dynamics December 2006.
International School of Photonics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala, India
Title: “Nonlinear Dynamics of Semiconductor Lasers: Control and Synchronization of Chaos ”
M.Sc. – Physics March 1999.
Department of Physics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala, India.
B.Sc – Physics March1996.
St. Peter’s College, Kolenchery, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India.
UGC CSIR NET Lectureship in Physical Sciences, June 2000
2nd June 2015 to till date
Assistant Professor of Physics, NSS College, Cherthala, Alappuzha, Kerala, India
5th June 2012 to 1st June 2015
Assistant Professor in Phyics, NSS College, Pandalam, Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
March 2007- February 2008: Research Fellow at the Photonics Research Group,
City University, London, UK (Area of Research : Biophotonics)
May 2005- March 2007: Research Associate in Computational Biology at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (Area of Research: Computational Biology)
Research Guide, Faculty of Science, University of Kerala
Research Centre: Department of Physics, Christian College, Chengannur
UK-India Research Initiative Research Fellowship (March 2007 – February 2008)from British Council.
University Research Fellowship from Cochin University of Science and Technology, June 2001-September 2004
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Lifetime Member of Academy of Physics Teachers (APT), Kochi, Kerala
Programming: C, MATLAB, FORTRAN, Python
Packages: MATHEMATICA, R
Operating Sytems: Windows, Linux-Ubuntu, Unix
Date of Birth : 3nd March 1976
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : English, Hindi & Malayalam
Hobbies : Reading,Writing &Music
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
a) In journals:
1.V. Bejoy, S. Rajesh and V. M. Nandakumaran, Analysis and simulation of semiconductor laser dynamics with optoelectronic delay feedback, Turk. J. Phys. 39 (2015) 60
2. M.R.Parvathi, Bindu.M.Krishna, S. Rajesh, M.P.John and V.M.Nandakumaran, Hopf Bifurcation in parallel polarized Nd: YAG laser , Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 42(2009) 515
3. M.R. Parvathi, Bindu M. Krishna, S. Rajesh, , M.P. John, V.M. Nandakumaran, Synchronization and control of chaos in coupled chaotic multimode Nd:YAG lasers,Phys. Lett. A 373 (2008) 96
4. S. Rajesh and Somdatta Sinha, Measuring Collective Behaviour of Multi-Cellular Ensembles: Role of Space-Time Scales, J. Biosci.33 (2008) 289
5. S. Rajesh, Sudeshna Sinha and Somdata Sinha, Synchronization in coupled cells with activator-inhibitor pathways, Phys. Rev. E 75(2007 ) 01190
6. S Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran, Control of bistability in a directly modulated semiconductor laser using delayed optoelectronic feedback
, Physica D 213 (2006) 113
7.S Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran, Suppression of chaos in a directly modulated semiconductor laser with delayed optoelectronic feedback
, Phys. Lett. A 319 (2003) 340
b) Presented at Conferences:
1. S. Rajesh, Oscillations in Complex Systems, DBT Sponsored Seminar on Biophysics, March, 2016, St. Berchman’s College, Changanassery, (Invited Talk on 02-03-2016)
2.S. Rajesh,Effect of bit rate on quality of recovery of chaotically encrypted digital signal, ICQP 2016, International Conference On Quantum Optics and Photonics, St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam, Kochi, February, 2016
3.S. Rajesh and V. M. Nandakumaran , Stabilization of Quasiperiodic and Chaotic Pulses from a Directly Modulated Self Pulsating Semiconductor Laser, Photonics-2004,International Conference on Fiber optics and Photonics, Kochi, December 2004
4. S Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran, Control of chaos in directly modulated semiconductor lasers, Photonics-2002, International Conference on Fiber optics and Photonics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Reasearch, Bombay, December 2002
5. S. Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran, Synchronization of chaos in unidirectionally coupled modulated self pulsating semiconductor lasers: effects of delay and detuning,Perspectives in Nonlinear Dynamics (PNLD 2004), IIT Madras,Chennai, July 2004
6.S Rajesh and V M.Nandakumaran, Quasiperiodicity and chaos in directly modulated semiconductor lasers, National Laser Symposium 2002, Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram, November 2002.
7. S Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran Numerical studies on directly modulated semiconductors with delayed optoelectronic feedback , National Conference on Current Advances in Nonlinear Science 2002, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, July 2002
8. V M Nandakumaran and S Rajesh, Synchronization of non autonomous systems: effects of delay and detuning, Perspectives in Nonlinear Dynamics (PNLD 2004), IIT Madras Chennai, July 2004
9. P U Jijo, M P John, S Rajesh and V M Nandakumaran, Control of chaos and noise induced instabilities in Duffing oscillator with amplitude modulated feedback, Perspectives in Nonlinear Dynamics (PNLD 2004), IIT Madras Chennai, July 2004