The college library came into existence at the time of establishment of the institution. It now functions with State-of-the art facilities. It is graded by the UGC. Eventhough it had humble beginnings, the library now can boast of 37,450 volumes of documents.
The library has mainly three sections, viz, Stack Section, Reference Section and Periodical Section. In the Stack Section, books are arranged on the shelves according to the subject. Dewey Decimal Classification scheme has been used for subjectwise classification. The books in the Reference Section are allowed for reference in the library room during working hours. In the Periodical Section there are 11 news papers, 39 general periodicals and 50 scholarly journals. Members are permitted to use this section throughout the working hours.
All the students and members on the faculty are members of the library. College ID card is used to borrow books from the library. The library has internet connection. The library is fully automated with DDC Software.
- Library service is available from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm on all working days.
- Open access system.
Librarian : K. Anilkumar (MA, BEd, SET, MLIS, NET)
Library Assistants : G. S. Venugopal
Rules and Regulations
1. Books are issued to the students as per the following schedule.
(i) I DC : Monday (ii) II DC : Tuesday & Thursday (iii) III DC : Wednesday & Friday (iv) PG : All working days 2. All students can borrow books from 2.30 – 4.30 pm on all working days. The students should not change the order of arrangement of the books.
3. I DC, II DC and III DC students can take 1, 2 and 3 books respectively at a time and PG students are permitted to borrow a maximum of 10 books at a time.
4. Generally, books are issued for a period of 14 days.
5. Students must examine the books on receiving them and report to the librarian, the damage if any.
6. Students are not allowed to lend the books taken from the library to any one. If any one violates this rule, he will be fined and his membership will be cancelled.
7. A student, failing to return the book within the prescribed period, has to pay a fine of Re.1/- per day(including holidays). His/her membership will be suspended till the fine is paid.
8. If a book is found damaged/spoiled or lost, he/she has to pay for its cost or to return a new copy of that book.
9. Strict silence must be observed in the library.
10. The librarian has the right to request to return any book at any time.