The Department came into existence in 1981 with B.Sc. (Botany) programme with 32 students and headed by Prof. R. Rajan Unnithan. It is offering training in self-employment technologies like Mushroom Cultivation and Vermi-Composting .The result of the department have been excellent throughout.
|Dr. Praveenkumar B R
Asst. Professor & HOD
|Mrs. Maya S. Nair
- Completion of syllabi and effective knowledge transaction based on departmental academic calendar
- Conduct seminars ,study tours etc to enable the students to cope with the advanced world of science and technology
- Need based student support programme
- Peer-teaching for weaker students
- Conduct remedial coaching for the slow learners
- Provide training in self –employment technologies
- Conduct value-based education programme to mould the students into citizens of better culture and character
- Departmental extension activities ranges from sacred groove preservation, invited lectures on frontier topics of potential areas of Botany, extensive field visits and scientific investigation of novel and relevant topics through research projects
- Department maintains a Botanical Garden which contains several Plants for Conducting Practicals &for giving first hand experience to the students.
- Make the course valued added by providing awareness in gardening.
- Provides training in Mushroom Cultivation as part of Open Course
- Department conducts organic Expo-Vegetables cultivated from the student’s Kitchen Garden